Your Environment, Your Future
Greenway Network is a grassroots volunteer based organization. Our mission is to conserve natural resources, encourage sound management of the watersheds and protect the quality of life for the residents of the greater St. Louis area.
Big Muddy Speaker Series
"Soil Conservation in the Big River Region"
Presentation by Dr. Lisa G. Chambers
of the Soil and Water Research Lab
within the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Saint Louis University
When: Wednesday, April 8, 6:30pm
Where: Big A's on the Riverfront
308 N Main St, St Charles, MO
Dr. Chambers is interested in the biogeochemical cycling of carbon and other nutrients in wetlands, rivers, and coastal ecosystems. Her work is dedicated to crossing disciplinary boundaries to address some of today most complex environmental issues and routinely collaborates with engineers, environmental lawyers, biologists, and social scientists.
April 11, 2015
Mission: Clean Stream: Volunteers from St. Charles County and the communities of Cottleville, Dardenne Prairie, Lake St. Louis, O’Fallon, St. Charles, St Peters and Wentzville join with Greenway Network and Missouri River Relief to remove trash from local streams and lakes.
GM Earth Day: Come early to the festival at Rotary Park, 2577 West Meyer Road, Foristell, MO 63348, if you want to see the Mission:Clean Stream workers off. Explore work by local artisans. Learn how to get connected to, and preserve nature with activities like making upcycled crafts, exploring a model stream and seeing how pollution moves into our rivers and streams.
- Music provided by: Seldom Fed Bluegrass Band (10 am - 2 pm)
- Alpine Shop - Free canoe/kayak paddle event on the Lake!
- Children can participate in Greenway Network's Green Heroes program.
- Living History Company will entertain children and adults.
- Kids Crafts with Children's Hospital, Wentzville Parks and Lowes
- Terripin Farms - free planting station for kids
- Face Painting
- Stream Trash ART Sculptor
- Nature Walks
- Sports and Family Chiropractic - free muscle work and massages
- St. Charles Soil and Water Conservation District
- Waggons West Upcycled Clothing and Accessories
- Pink Zebra - Soft soy sprinkles for making candles and use in warmers
- Scentsey - Wax burners and wax bars
- Norwex - green cleaning products
- Steeped Tea - all natural teas and accessories
- Joyce Factory Direct - Recycled home improvement info
- Designs by Connie and The Celtic Carver - Jewelry, home accessories and crocheted items
- doTerra Essential Oils
- New Age Novelties - Jewelry made from recycled items
- Food/Concessions and more!
For the latest information, check back here often or like our Facebook page and follow us there.
Volunteer in our Greenway Network booth at
the St. Louis Earth Day Festival
Sunday April 26, 2015
Join us at our booth at one of the largest Earth Day celebrations in the country. We have activities for children(sun painting, t-shirt jewelry) and living macroinvertebrates. Help us to spread the word about Greenway Network to St. Louisans and have a lot of fun. Register here to give us a hand.
Recipient of MCE's
R. Roger Pryor Citizen Activist Award
Greg with Volunteers at Greenway's Mission:Clean Stream
Missouri Coalition of the Environment
45th Anniversary Gala
And we have a winner!
Gary Reidel who attended Mission: Clean Stream/GM Earth Day in April is the winner of the Poage Chevrolet of Wentzville #whereismysonic raffle. Congratulations Gary and thanks to everyone who showed up and volunteered all year!
Sign up to receive news and announcements about upcoming events and activities.
Issues That Matter
Get the latest about Greenway Network's ongoing projects and get relevant information on current issues that concern our envirornment, land and waterways in the St. Louis Metro area.